Why Join AAUW?
- Share Your Voice: AAUW’s 100,000-member voice makes a difference on critical women’s and civil rights issues and provides you the opportunity to support and be the first to learn about ground-breaking research on women, girls, and education.
- Be A Part of a Vibrant Community: Wherever you go, you will find a community of friends and professional contacts in AAUW — a powerful local and national network for personal and professional growth.
- Understand the Issues: As a member of AAUW, you will have access to a variety of websites and publications to help you learn more about the issues affecting women and girls today.
- Take Advantage of Valuable Resources: AAUW provides many educational and professional development experiences for you to improve your personal and leadership skills as well as opportunities for educational advancement through fellowships, grants, and awards.
- Additional benefits from AAUW
Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Student Affiliation is open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
Regular Membership: $64 (national = $49, state = $10, local = $5)
- $46 of the $49 national dues are tax deductible.
- Between January 1st and March 15th, national dues reflect a half-year discount so the total annual dues would be $39.50 during this time.
Current College Students (BVU): FREE while you’re a BVU student
- National dues are waived by AAUW.
- State and local dues are sponsored by a current member.
Current College Students (non-BVU): $32 (national = $17, state = $10, local = $5)
- $16 of the $17 national dues are tax deductible.
- Between January 1st and March 15th, national dues reflect a half-year discount so the total annual dues would be $23.50 during this time.
Recent College Graduates: national dues are waived for one year under the Give-A-Grad-A-Gift program.
- Contact Heidi Bonagura if you’re interested in receiving a free national membership.
- Dues vary by state and local branch so, if you wish to also join at the state and local level somewhere other than the Storm Lake area, you would need to contact those organizations for more information.
If you would like to join AAUW or renew your membership, please contact Heidi Bonagura.
You can also pay online at the national website.